Let's try it with Google!
1. Find the company homepage: "Google"
2. Most company websites have an "About" page that you can find on their homepage. This is where you will find all of the information companies want you to know about them.
For example here is google's "About" page listed on the bottom left of their homepage:
Sometimes you may have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and dig into the small print to find out more:
3. Search Google for specific things you want to know about a company
- "What industry is ________ in?" This will help tell you a lot about a company and their competitors. For example one may think that google is competing in the search engine industry, however upon further research you can find that they mainly compete in the online advertising industry.
- "How does [insert company name] make money?" or "[insert company name] products"